Affiliation: Postdoctoral Associate (May 2013 – present)
Biology Department, Rutgers University, Camden, New Jersey, 08102
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Postdoc Associate May 2013 to present
Postdoc Fellow April 2012- May 2013
Dept. of Developmental and Regenerative Biology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, USA
Visiting Scientist Nov.’ 2009 – Apr.’ 2012
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, USA. Laboratory of Dr. Jumin Zhou
Ph.D. (2003 –2009), Awarded Nov.’ 2010, Embryo Biotechnology Lab, National Institute of Immunology, India.
Master of Science (Genetics) 2001- 2003
Department of Genetics, University of Delhi, New Delhi (India)
Bachelor of Science 1998- 2001
Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi, New Delhi (India)
“Enhancer blocking activity of the Insulator at the H19-ICR is independent of chromatin barrier establishment.” Vikrant Singh and Madhulika Srivastava, Molecular Cellular Biology, 2008, 28, 11, 3767-3775.
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), India, Research Fellowship (2003-2008) for pursuing Ph.D.
- Qualified National Eligibility Test for Lecturer in Indian Universities.
- Student Conference Travel and Participation Award by Organizers of Chromatin Structure and Function, 2007
- University Gold Medal, University of Delhi in M.Sc. Genetics, 2003
- Monsanto PostGraduate Scholarship during M.Sc. Genetics (2002-2003)
- University of Delhi South Campus Scholarship (2001-2002) for meritorious performance in National Level M.Sc. Genetics Entrance Exam
Epigenetics and Molecular Biology:
- Chromatin Immunoprecipitation Assays: Crosslinked ChIP using crosslinked chromatin and Native ChIP with unfixed chromatin
- Experimental aspects of ChIP on chip (Chromatin IP followed by microarray hybridization)
- Real Time Quantitative PCR using SYBR Green
- DNA Methylation Analysis by bisulphite conversion, COBRA
- Recombinant DNA and molecular biology techniques: DNA and RNA analysis – isolation, cloning, PCR amplification, cDNA library preparation, expression analysis by Real Time qPCR, Allele specific expression analysis, Primer extension assay, Radioactive Southern and Northern Blotting, Western Blotting
Techniques in Drosophila biology – Whole embryo in-situ hybridization, Generation of Transgenic Flies, Basic Genetics, Handling and maintenance of fly populations
Cell Culture: Culturing of Mouse ES cell lines, Establishment and maintenance of Primary Mouse Embryonic Fibroblasts – PMEF’s. Maintenance and transfection of several mammalian cell lines like NIH3T3, HeLa, HEK293T, RetropakPT67.
Experimental Animal Handling: Experience of Mouse Genetics, Maintaining colonies of transgenic mice, basic mice handling and breeding set up, Genotyping mice by PCR using tail biopsy.
Microscopy: Basic light and fluorescence microscopy